Friday, January 20, 2012

Leapster LeapPad

As most of you know the Leapster LeapPad was a hot item for kids this past Christmas and contends still to be selling out at places.  I was fortunate that Santa got a Green Leapster LeapPad for my youngest son who is 3 for Christmas.  My husband and I decided that we didn't want Santa to give him an ipad or an itouch because we felt he was too little.  To be honest, mommy or daddy doesn't have an ipad and we didn't feel that a 3 year was going to get it first or needed it.  LOL  So we researched the hot ticket item.  It seemed like a great toy and it was from Leapster.  He already has a Leapster Explorer and a Leapster Tag and loves them so we knew we couldn't got wrong with this.   

This is what the LeapPad comes with:

• A library of 100+ cartridge games, apps, digital books, videos and flash cards
(sold separately, also works with all Leapster Explorer™ games and apps).
• Includes a built-in camera & video recorder, 5" touch screen for use with finger or included stylus.  Also includes 4 apps (Pet Pad, Story Studio, Art Studio and one app of your choice).
• 2GB of memory, enabling it to host a robust suite of apps including: innovative book apps that provide a fully interactive, cinematic reading experience with word-by-word support and state-of-the-art gameplay; a Story Studio to combine art, audio and writing; Art, Animation and Photo studios to inspire imaginations.
• A broad curriculum including reading, mathematics, science, geography, art, music, language and culture, health and more. Plus, skill levels automatically adjust the challenge to match each child's pace and remember progress from game to game and book to book.
• Access to see learning progress through the online LeapFrog Learning Path. Parents can also share their child's achievements, artwork and creations with loved ones.

  Now coming across this item was very hard.  Mommy had to wait at Toys r us one morning at 5 a.m. to be hopeful that it was still available and it was. YAY!! 

My youngest son has been playing it since he received it from Santa on Christmas.  He loves it.  I had found a case prior to Christmas that Leapster sells to hold the LeapPad and purchased it.  You look at it and it was great.  It would hold the LeapPad on one side and hold the cartridges(games) on the other side.  So the day after Christmas my son is playing on his LeapPad and I was going to start putting the games in the case.  I put the games in and couldn't believe how it held them. I was thinking this is great especially since my son was only 3 1/2.  Then I try and put the LeapPad in the slot in the case.  It didn't really fit all that well.  So I pushed it a little bit more down and it finally fit, but I wasn't really satisfied with it.  So I zip it up and open the case back up to test it and guess what?  The LeapPad falls out completely.  What, are you serious?  This toy is not cheap, it the hottest toy right now and it keeps falling out.  What was I going to do because there is no way that my 3 yr old would not drop it?  I kept trying back to fit in the case and my husband did as well.  Finally after about 6 attempts, we decided it was not worth to keep it.  We could not believe that here Leapster has such a great product and products that we have used previously, but such a poor case for their newest item.  I have not found another case that would hold it, which is a bummer.  I've even tried other tablets and so forth for something to protect it, but came up with nothing.

I called Leapster and they said sorry, but that was the only case. 

After a couple of weeks I got on Leapsters web page and found a silicone gel skin for the LeapPad, but it was out of stock.  I needed to get the AC adapter as well because the batteries don't last that long and I wanted to charge it.  Recently I went back to the website and the Gel Skin was in stock.  So I ordered the AC adapter and the Gel Skin for the LeapPad.  Today, I received them in the mail and I'm going to try it out.  Anything is better then nothing on protecting this hot item. 

A Chic Mommy



No comments:

Post a Comment