Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Computer/McAfee

I'm so sorry that I haven't blogged in a while except for the previous post of Mutton Bustin.  My computer pretty much crashed this past weekend.  So I'm using an older computer to write this message that takes forever because it just loads and loads since it hasn't been used in so long.

I took my computer in on Monday morning and today I was told that I need a new hard drive.  Yay, what fun!  :(  I believe I backed up everything prior though so that is good.  So they will install a new hard drive as with the addtional programs.  I'm hoping it will be ready by Friday afternoon.

While I was at the computer place on Monday, the guy told me that McAfee is really not a good program to use for viruses, etc.  Did you know that?  I know I sure didn't know that.  He said that it seems like they use more money on the marketing then the actual product.    My husband and I had bought the McAfee Total Protection which was not cheap.  We thought it would be great for viruses, spam, spyware, etc., but I felt it wasn't that good of a product.  I had McAfee before when we purchased the computer so we just upgraded to the total protection.  I had to install McAfee three different time because it stated, " You do not have anything backing up your files and your computer is at risk."  Why is my computer at risk if I already have the McAfee installed?  I felt like I was going round and round in circles with this.  Needless to say, I will not be getting McAfee again.  The computer guy told me to get Kaspersky anti virus program.  He said it works great. 

I also talked to him about getting an external hard drive.  I know I know most of you probably already have one.  He said a good brand for an external hard drive is Western Digital.  He said to stay away from the brand Seagate because they always fall apart even though it is the same price as Western Digital.  Since he knows what he is talking about, I know what I will be purchasing next.

A Chic Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment