Monday, February 27, 2012

10K

So I decided last minute literally since the race was on Saturday and registered Friday night to do a 10K (6.2 miles).  Crazy huh?  What was I thinking?  As my husband drove there I kept asking him which one I should do.  He told me to do the one I felt comfortable with and like I new which one that would be.   So he drops me off because parking was crazy since last minute people were registering and everyone else who already registered and was picking up their packets.  So I go fill out my application and it gets down to the part of which race I want to do. You have the choice of the 10K or the 5K and  I'm still not sure, but I selected the 10K.  I get back in the car after I pick up everything.  My husband asks which one did I register for? I replied with 10K.  He said you can do it!  He is so supportive of me.

So now it's race day.  Not like it was that far off since I only registered the last minute.  I'm nervous of course.  I'm by myself because the rest of my family was busy with something so they couldn't be there to cheer me on.  :(    I drive to the location of the race which is about 30 minutes from my house.  I'm eating on my peanut butter toast gradually while getting there.  So I get there early since some of the streets were going to be closed as well for the race and they also had a parade.  I get out of my car and start heading towards the start line which was about 6 or so blocks away. The 10K was starting at 9:25 a.m.  It's getting close to the start time.  Nerves are taking over me.  Why in the world would I sign up last minute?  I'm stretched or what I think is good.  I get my music ready on my ipod that my amazing husband stayed up late the night before downloading songs.  The race as now started and I'm at the back because no way was I getting up there at the front.

I ran well, but was getting tired around 3.5 miles.  I can't believe I'm doing this to myself.  Just stay positive and have fun.  So my chip time was 1:14:44.  I was upset, but so glad it was over.  I knew I could have done better and I knew where I slacked off during the race.  Why was I beating myself up over this time?  I should be felling great.  I haven't even trained for this race.  In fact I haven't ran 6.2 miles since 2010.  I had only ran with a friend 3 miles about a month ago.  I guess I shouldn't be upset with my time, but I was.  It is hard to run a race for 6 miles with no training.  My husband says it's the competitiveness inside me.  haha 

I guess next time I will train, but can't guarantee it. 

A Chic Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment